I don’t know about you, but I think there’s nothing better than a special afternoon tea to mark an occasion. Afternoon Tea is a tea-related ritual, introduced in Britain in the early 1840s. It evolved as a mini meal to stem the hunger and anticipation of an evening meal at 8pm.
Afternoon Tea is a meal composed of delicate finger sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, sweet pastries, tarts and cakes. Interestingly, scones were not a common feature of early Afternoon Tea and were only introduced in the twentieth century.
In Britain today Afternoon Tea is usually enjoyed as an occasional indulgence or to celebrate a special event such as a birthday, bridal shower or baby shower party with a group of friends.
According to OpenTable, bookings for afternoon tea have increased by 54% over the past two years, and it has been found that 20% of the UK population now expect afternoon tea to be a standard offering on the menu.
Bettys is famous for its Afternoon Tea; this is a simple way to gift a Bettys Afternoon Tea experience at home.
Presented in a pretty gift box with designs by Emily Sutton, it comes packed with delicious, buttery scones full of plump sultanas, their classic Tea Room Blend tea, a tasty Yorkshire Tea Loaf, and a jar of Strawberry Preserve – the same flavour that accompanies the Afternoon Tea which is served in their Café Tea Rooms. A classic, quintessentially Bettys hamper.
Bettys Tea Room Blend 80 Tea Bags
Yorkshire Tea Loaf
You can view their wonderful range of hampers here and if you fancy winning a Betty’s Tea & Scones Gift Selection for yourself just enter via the rafflecopter below. We have 4 to giveaway, good luck!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions
- Firstly, this promotion is open to residents of the UK only.
- No purchase necessary.
- By entering the prize draw entrants agree to be bound by any other requirements set out on this page.
- Entry is only available online. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received, only partially received or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete, defaced or damaged will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties. Any such entries will be invalid. No trade or multiple entries.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
- Winner details will be publicly announced if permission is granted.
- Competition closes at 12am on 21st June 2019. Entries received after this time and date will not be entered into the draw.
- The prize is a Betty’s Tea & Scones Gift Selection.
- Prize details are accurate at the time of promotion; the promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of greater or equal value.
- Consequently, the decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion due to circumstances beyond its control. Neither Mangeons nor any other respective agents involved with this promotion. Shall be liable for any failure that is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but are not be limited to. Weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities. Political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances relating to Force Majeure.